Able Player is a fully accessible cross-browser HTML5 media player designed from the ground up to meet the diverse needs and preferences of all users.
Following are examples of Able Player in action. All demos use the "2020" skin unless otherwise indicated.
Basic Audio Examples
- Audio with one track
- Audio with one track (Legacy Skin)
- Audio with non-zero start time
- Audio with captions, subtitles, chapters, and a transcript in "Lyrics Mode"
Basic Video Examples
- Video with closed captions in one language
- Video with default closed captions
- Video with captions, subtitles, chapters, and a transcript
- Video with captions, subtitles, chapters, and a transcript (Legacy Skin)
- Video with sign language
- Audio description via VTT track, read by browsers
- Audio description via VTT track, read by screen readers
- Audio description via video swap
- Extended audio description via video swap
- YouTube player (captions hosted on YouTube)
- YouTube player (all tracks hosted locally)
- YouTube player (captions on YouTube, descriptions hosted locally)
- YouTube player (chapters and transcript in external containers)
- Transcript in an external container
- Manually coded external transcript
- Chapters in an external container
- Controlling Able Player with external controls
- Player hidden by default, exposed dynamically
- Player created dynamically
Playlists (Audio and Video)
- Audio player with a playlist
- Video Player with a playlist (Local Sources)
- Video Player with a playlist (Mixed Sources)
Multiple Players (Audio and Video)
- Multiple audio players (one track each)
- Multiple audio players (each with its own playlist)
- Multiple video Players
Player with Metadata Track (Audio and Video)
- Audio player with Metadata track (type = text)
- Video player with Metadata track (type = selector)
- Responsive video with clickable hotspots
Player co-existing with Form Fields (Audio and Video)
- Audio player on a page with form fields
- Audio player in "Steno Mode"
- Audio player in "Steno Mode", with form fields in an iframe
- Video player on a page with form fields
Player with Search
- Native HTML5 Player (not Able Player), for comparison
- Able Player with no HTML tracks (don't do this)
- Able Player with Video Transcript Sorter (VTS)
- Able Player Width Tests
- Able Player Fallback Test Page
- The audio examples feature songs by Terrill Thompson, Able Player's creator and lead developer. Check out Terrill's music site for more listening, and to support his work.
- The short animated film used in a few demos is The Deadline from the Morevna Project, and is licensed under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. You are free to share (copy and redistribute) and adapt (remix, transform) this work for any purpose, even commercially as long as you comply to licensing terms.
- All other video examples feature clips from videos produced by The DO-IT Center at the University of Washington. Additional videos are available on the DO-IT Video website, which uses Able Player.